Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have a quetion on how to get a horse by earning money?

Well i always wanted a horse sense i was like 12 and i am now 14 years old and i really want a horse my mom will not let me get one because it is to much work but i know i would take care of it because i love horses and i want one.So how do i talk my mom in to leting me buy a horse.But i have a another question what is a great wy to earn money to buy a horse?And thanks for ou help everybody! :)
Answers:
If I was you i would show your mom that you are responsible enough to take car of one by getting a job at a ranch or farm after school and during the summer. After you show her you can take care of a horse and make money at the same time she will probably give in. Try to save all your money that you make when you do start to work though. Hope i was any help.
Before buying a horse I would suggest taking riding lessons, alot of them. And possibly working at your barn so you learn about /everything/ that goes into horse ownership. Since I started working at my barn I have learned alot about how much work it takes to own a horse, and I know other who have started working there in hopes of learning more about horses and decided that it was far too much work to be worth it.
what i did is i set out a jar and put a post-it note on that said please donate to my horseback riding jar!! and so far i have gotten $421.10 so maybe you could do chores and or walk dogs. mow peoples lawns. anything?? but horses are A LOT of money to take care of! like for 1 month at the ranch i ride at a horse is $400. thats for feeding,bedding, stuff like that. and th horse! wow that will cost a lot! wow! but if you get an offer for a free horse from where you ride then i would take the chance!! my best friends got a free horse because where they go they rode a lot. but they didn't own. they went to camps. but didn't own. so then finally for christmas they're instructer gave them a free horse! but they still had to pay for it...which was $400 a month.
Ok have you ever work on a farm with horses? If not then I certainly suggest you do! Your mom is right horses are ALOT of work, as much as its easy to want one and think you can handle it, it would be better to "test the waters". When you own a horse you need a stable, hay, brushes, saddles, reins, vet check ups, its needs to be riden, groomed, also needs to have shoes attached, hooves filed. The list goes on and on. Yes you can rent a stable but that costs alot of money. Its thousands of dollars for a horse, and thousand of dollars to take care of it! Do you have that kind of money? You would have to work a really good job that pays alot of money.
Your 14 and its a hell of alot of work and you do have school.. I suggest leasing one.. do you know how to rifde atleast? If you don't take lessons and decide if it is even for you.. I'm 15 now and I don't think I could own a horse and take care of it or ride it enough as it should be.. Try a quarter lease first for a few months if you like it go for a half lease and then maybe you might be ready for another horse.. your going off to college in a few years and this is a long term commitment it wouldn't be fair if you got a horse that you had to sell so quickly.. your also still growing which means you will out grow your horse..and at this age you'll end up getting very attached.. And one last thing is the cost.. you have to board it get a vet and farrier and pay for lessons.. do you have this kind of money? Your not exactly legal age to get a real job to bring in this amount.. You asked for a way to earn the money?! you're gonna get payed minimum wage you'd have to work a 15-20hour+ week to earn enough money
If I were you I would work at the barn, see how you would enjoy all the hard work put into horses. Maybe by doing that work, you could get some money that you should spend on getting lessons, not saving up for a horse. By doing those, your mother might see that you are responsible enough to own a horse and might consider it. I am just guessing and suggesting.
I would suggest to lease a horse before buying one because you get the feeling of owning a horse

No comments:

Post a Comment