Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have a new website and I need horse lovers to check it out for problems?

If you see anything that is questionable or needs to have a better description, please let me know. Also, if you know of great places to put our link to increase awareness, please let me know.
Answers:
Just a few spelling errors...
under Board Members and Advisors: under your pic it should say "currently own a COMPANY that travels teaching COURSES in Safety Training" (capitalized words are misspelled on your site)
Under Bonnie's pic, the last part should be "to help the center THRIVE."
Mia's description...she "has two beautiful DAUGHTERS."
Under "who's helping out..." it says they will be presented with a "pendent"...should be "pendant".
On the foal's page, it says "they are beautiful movers with correct conformaiton"...should be "conformation". Also, when describing their ears, it says "theirher small curved ears...just melt you." Also, it says you can see her wonderful head "carraige"...should be "carriage". Also, in this paragraph, it switches back and forth from describing the foals as "them or they" to describing just one foal as "her or she"...chosing one and sticking with it makes for easier reading.
Just a few changes; overall, the site is nice. I disagree with the person who said they didn't like the photo with the boy's mouth open.I think it's a exceptional photo, and he is smiling, and it's beautiful. Good job.
OK GENIUS WHATS YOUR WEBSITE!!
so um whats the site?
hello?...we need a site to tell you that!..so idk!...ok thanks now i can see it ..i think it looks great!
/sigh
I'll be more then happy to help you out, send me the web site url.and I know a few sites you can post yours on.
email me at tx_gal_horse_lover78641@yahoo.
It's ok! Everything looks great but i think that you should change the main picture of the boy with his mouth open-- we can obviously tell that he is mentally impaired but this picture greatly contributes to the steriotype that mentally impaired children are "retards" and that they can't really do anything, not even take a decent picture. You should change it to one of someone smiling! What you are doing is great and I love your motives behind it all =) Good Job! Oh and you should make the opening explantion a little more creative instead of just one big blob of boring text-- it didn't make me want to read it all-- so you should space it out and add some pictures!
I am not a web designer but, aside from the spelling errors, everything seems to be perfectly fine and well put together!
I also disagree with the person who said that you should change the picture on the home page. I think it's a beautiful picture and it touched my heart. I don't see it as stereotypical at all. All I see is a young boy -- regardless of mental status -- hugging and appreciating the animal that never judged him for who he is. The only thing that I would do with that picture (and this is only *my* opinion) is maybe not crop so much of the horse's face out of the photo (if that's at all possible). I would have loved to see the horse's face because I see therapeudic riding programs as being about the horses too. It's as therapeudic for them as it is for the children.
Such a wonderful thing you are doing. I wish there were more people like you out there in the world. Keep up the excellent work!
Great job. I have worked with therapeutic horses before. You are doing a great job. The only thing I would change is add more pictures of the kids enjoying the horses. God bless you for having the courage and compassion to help these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment