Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How often do you ride your horse??

no imparticular reason. i just would like to know. i just wanted to know. i've been riding my horse a lot latley.
Answers:
I try to ride my horse 5 days a week, preferably three days in a row with a day off, then several more days in a row with another day off. I have some flexibility on this as I don't have an indoor arena so I have to work around the weather!
This keeps both my horse and myself fit and toned without overdoing it. The day off allows my horse's joints and muscles to rest and can prevent stress injuries. Plus everyone needs a day off to just relax and animals are no exception. I just make sure that my horse is turned out in pasture as much as possible, especially on the days that I'm not riding.
The average horse is worked too little, by far, instead of too much! Just consider what type of work you're doing though. Lunging and working on small circles is much harder on their joints and feet than trail riding or working in straight lines. And young horses that are still growing also need a lighter work load than a mature horse.
Have fun and enjoy your horse.
I have a steel horse and ride her danged near every day!
I dont have one anymore, but when I did, it was boarded at a stable about 2-3 miles from my house. Unfortunately I only got to go about once a week...every Saturday morning. I would stick around for a while though and groom him, feed him, etc. but the stable took care of everything else. I would have liked to have gone more, but I was young with no car and when I did get a car, I was too busy being a teen and on the go to go riding. I miss him though.
Riding them is good-- it gets them plenty of exercise. I would make sure that they are getting plenty to eat and lots of water because you're working it so hard... especially if it's hot where you live. I ride my horse about once a week- twice if I'm lucky.. but only because we have 12 horse stalls to clean each morning.. and by the time I'm done, I'm too exhausted to ride!
i ride mine every day 4 m30 min to give her her workout
i would say u should give your horse 1 day off maybe 2 in the summer and ride every other day
The proper amount of time is 5 hours each day, but i find that way to long but it gives your horse just the right amount of exersise, so i just go along with it...Good luck
in the winter i dont ride her as much b/c i dont have shows to work for
but in the spring summer and fall i try to ride her almost everyday
I ride my horse every day. I ride for 4-5 hours a day.
3 times a day!!!!!!!!!...
everyday for about an hour. last week i gave her a day off... i don't know if i'm gonna continue giving her the day off or not... I'm going away for a couple days next week, so she's probably getting a day off then. It is healthy for them to get ridden, but it's also getting very hot out because it's summer, so make sure not to overdo it. i take a lot of walk breaks in the summer so my horse cools down a little bit. and I try to pay attention to her... if i'm not really done with what i wanted to get done, but she's telling me that she can't do anymore, i always stop.
If you're doing a strenuous activity with your horse (any heavy galloping like for barrel racing or something or if you're jumping tall jumps) you should do it regularly or at least have them work in between when you ride. taking your horse out and jumping 3-foot once a week then leaving the horse in the stall for the other 6 days is really not healthy... but i also wouldn't recommend taking the horse out and jumping every day for 3 hours. as long as you know your horse and can tell when they've had enough, you're probably fine with riding a lot lately.
as often as possible. she is stone bruised right now so i cant ride her every day like i want to but i would if i could. generally it is 3 to 4 times a week during the summer though.
About 3-5 times a week, about 2 days after school, and then both days on the weekend.
i ride or free longe my horses about 5 days a week. we get a weekend, so i figure they would like one too. dont want them to get burnt out. i usually only work them for 30-60 minutes when i do. depends on what we're doing.
Well when i did have my horse, i used to ride everyday but since we moved, i've just been riding on weekends with the local 4-H er's
ii ride mine everyday..when i had him boarded elsewhere i rode him 3 times a week
i think every other day to 2 a week would be just fine
2-3 times a week during the school year, and 5-6 in the summer. i also keep her about 1/2 hour away, so i would definitely ride more if we had property.
I try to ride every other day or atleast two - three days a week for about 45min. - 2 hours (it's either dressage work or conditioning for endurance).
i usally ride my horse sundays,mondays,tuesdays,and wedsdays most of the time for about 3 hours
it depends on the condition of the horse and what you are doing.
i ride every day.
it depends on what other stuff i have to do during the week. sometimes i get to ride every day sometimes just at the weekend - i have to fit it around everything else.
I ride my horse every day. It's not going to hurt your horse if you ride it for half an hour 4 times a day. Just as long as your horse doesn't have acsees to food after a ride or has food 3 hours before a ride, you should be fine.
I use to ride every other day. Its nice to let them rest if they are sore from the long ride.
I try to ride at least 4 times a week preferably 6 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours each time. I always like to give her a day off to recooperate.
Once a day unless I'm sick or out of town. I let him rest when he needs it, so sometimes it's just sitting on him in the pasture while he eats or taking a nice 20 min ride around the block.
Most of the time in summer it's after dark in the cool air (I live in AZ and it's already 110 degrees here).
I ride my horse 5-6 days a week. And when Im not riding one horse one day Im riding another one.
Every weekend, I would ride more often if I had the time. They're in our pasture right beside my house so I do get to care for them myself and spend *some* time with them daliy.
eveery day for me!
I try to ride 4 times per week, but with a toddler, life has gotten busy. Now I usually ride about 3 times/week and then at least do something else (bath, clip bridle path, trim whiskers) once a week. Since she's boarded I see her about 4 times/week on average.

No comments:

Post a Comment