Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to ask for a job at the stables?

I am 12 years old and enjoy horses very much. I was wondering what kind of questions you are supposed to ask, what information should I provide. Where should I look for a job in the first place, you get it...HELP. The reason I am looking for this job is because then I could provide for a horse of my own.
Answers:
take your mom or dad with you so that they can vouch for what you have done. if you have any proof of what you have done with horses like pictures or papers bring them and put them in a folder or something to make it look organized. ask questions like how many horses they have, what are all of the jobs you would have, and anything you would want to know. it is really up to you what you ask.make sure to tell the person you are talking to about everything you are REALLY good at doing so that if they ask questions about how you do something you know what to say and how you do something. try not to talk about the money too much unless it is brought up by the other person, if it isn't brought up by the other person try to say something that isnt too abrupt. talk to you mom or dad about how to bring up money because im sure they have applied for a job before and can help you. good luck i hope you get the job!
I would tell them that you want a horse of your own so you want to know and do everything a horse owner would do. I bet its hard work but if its something you want, I'm sure you won't have a problem doing it. There are some volunteer organizations that allows special needs kids to horseback ride. You could check out volunteermatch.com and see if you could find one. Otherwise, call some local vets. Most have tons of animals so you'll probably find one with a horse. Or they'll know someone with a horse that you could see if you could work for.
If I were you I would start off calling around and seeing if anyone was interested before you put the effort in to make your parent or a friend drive you. Then upon arrival give information like your age, experience with horses, and available hours. You may also want to inquire about topics such as money (how much and when) and also if in the end you wish to board your horse there if its a possibility. Hope that helps! =)
They will ask if u've had any experience around horses, have you cleaned or worked around horses and just that sort of stuff. I bet they'll give you a chance just because your interested. If you love horses, that shoudl be enough.
Good Luck
First off, be very honest and tell them if you have any experience or are looking to learn. Then ask what you would have to do to earn a stall for a horse. It varies by stable. I don't mind young people coming and asking for work at all if they don't mind being honest and dependable and willing to work and learn what I have to teach. Try public stables AND private ones. We are private, but do have a stall available as well as horses you can work and treat like your own. Check with local vets for possibles and also at the feed store. Ask the people at these places if they know any stables looking for help as there might not be an ad. We don't advertise, but get help in this way. Place ads yourself. Good luck!!
Ok-Go to a local friendly barn/stable and say,"Um-I need some extra money for a horse that I want and I was wondering if I could help out around here for a little extra money?".It should work.
be straight up with who ownes the farm and see how that works because i used to work for a woman and it was fun

No comments:

Post a Comment