Friday, July 31, 2009

How's YOUR day going?

I was having a fabulous day, went to fair and took a great bunch of horse pix. Haven't been to fair in a few years and was so excited to be able to go and walk as I have been in a wheelchair or disabled for so long now. Then I came home and found my 2 year old filly staggering around, completely dead to the world. An hour later, she was humanely euthanized. Possibly West Nile Virus. She had bloodwork done for testing. She will be buried here on the farm. This is just such a shock as she was totally a 2 year old pest yesterday and today I had to make this decision to end her life. I just couldn't let her suffer any longer, knowing it was so bad she probably would not even survive the treatment. Have you hugged your horse today? Because you never know when it may be your last chance to do so.
Answers:
I a very sorry to hear about your horse maybe God need a young horse for a little girl in heaven.
Your day It make mine day seem OK...I went to work and was very productive. Plus it was Friday to boot, not bad.
God bless and sorry the day turned out so crummy.
You must feel soooo lonely.
my day is going too slow!
Mine is going better than yours, and I've been at work all day.
Uhh yea i'll do that,i'll tell my friends too cuz everyone I know has a horse...
sunburn sucks ***
OHHH, I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's terrible to lose a friend. I grieve with you. I don't own a horse, I have a chihuahua, and I am an animal lover. Again, I'm very sorry for you.
my day is ging okay,its just a little too hot. anyway im super!! thanx for asking!
Fine thanks for asking PS i didnt read about your day it is too long
Aww! I won't bother talking about how my day has been.. Seems like cake compared to yours. I asbolutely hate losing my friends. My mom would scold me for crying when one of my puppies died (runt) among other pets and it just feels horrible.. That really is a shocker! You'd think an animal as magnificent as a horse would be able to stsand up to diseases just because but they're just as vulnerable as anyone.. I'm so so so sorry to hear that. Hope you're coping well %26lt;3
That is so sad. Your in my prayers.
that's just sad. do dogs count? b/c i hugged my dog.
Sorry for your loss.
To be honest with you ,it's not been up to parr,so I guess this here libra is out of balance.
My day is going great! I can't wait intill i can watch High School Musical 2 with my family!
Sorry about your horse...
My day...severe headache...and I can only sit and watch my friend chatting and partying around me...
im sorry about your loss. i would hug my horse if i had one. :)
my day has been ok. i took a long nap. :P
The things some people say on here! Like the first
one and below me. I am sure you knew your animal
was very sick.
I am sorry for the loss of your horse, animals are like
family to me.
You murdered your filly just because it was staggering around after 1 hour? that is shocking.
We all have our bad spells - both people and animals. We can't be 100% focused 24 hours a day. I think you should have waited a bit longer before murdering and innocent animal.
"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread".
sorry to hear that
I actually dropped a beer
set it on the railing and it just fell, I was talking with a neighbor so I was distracted, didn't notice where I set it down
the first time that happened to me in decades
don't cry over spilled Guinness I guess
My day is alright, except for my sunburn and being sore all over from going on too many water slides yesterday.
thats really sad. i'm sorry about your horse, its hard to lose any pet, but you get so close to your horse its like losing a person practically. And for it to be all of a sudden must have been aweful. I shall hug many horses in memory of you and yours :) hope the rest of your days improve. I'm sorry for your loss.
I love horses and grew up with them as a kid. It is like losing part of the family. My condolences for your loss. I'm sure she was a special friend to you and a big part of your life.
So far, so good, but it's only 33 minutes old - so a bit early to tell.
Sorry about your horse.
I love my animals too and will be heartbroken if they pass on before me.
Sorry to hear that. No I haven't hugged my horse today, she has a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the barn door. She loves a sleep in. Maybe this afternoon. Apart from that, my day is going great!
Oh that sucks, I'm sorry.
I had a pretty good day other than discovering that someone had left Ell's splint boots on all night and not closed his stallguard or stall door when they put him away last night, poor boy. Other than that I had my lesson, worked and hung around. The only bad thing was finding out Bear(a horse at the stable I watch when his owner goes on vacation) is dying of cancer, but he has been for a long time and I've only just found out about it so it's not so bad and I know his owner is doing everything to make his last few months comfortable, he was almost put down last week apparently but he got better so he might have a few more months in him.
That must be very hard for you and you have my sympathy. However, take some comfort from the fact that you did the right thing by her and didn't let her suffer. The gesture is worth a million words.
I'm feeling kinda excited but nervous at the same time. I'm expecting a new horse in the next week!
You are so right. Make sure you hug your horse and tell your family that you you love them. As much as possible. You never know when a tragedy like this will strike. You have my deepest sympathy and we will keep you in our prayers.
I am sorry!! Hugged mine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment