Thursday, July 30, 2009

How Well do you know about horses and other disciplines?

I found the coolest way to let a lot of people get 10 points! I will make more quizes to give people a chance to get 10 points! Just remember the FIRST person to answer all correctly will get the best answer! If you have any suggestions for quizes please comment. GOOD LUCK!
1)After you are done with cross-country (in eventing), they SOAP the horses. What does this mean?
2)What are all the levels of eventing starting at Beginner Novice?
3)What is a pimple jump?
4)In dressage for eventing, what CCI and CIC levels are you required to have spurs?
5)In the hunter ring, how many classes are there per division?
6)What is the highest level of eventing you can do?
7)(POLL)Do you use spurs, and if you do, do you really need them?
8)Do you anything in this quiz, if not please answer with the discipline you do.
EXTRA (a chance to help yourself!)
What is a baby horse called?
What do you call a horse that is a quarter horse/ thourobred cross?
Answers:
SOAP is an acronym that is used in both human and veterinary medicine when writing medical records and charts. The letters stand for subjective, objective, assessment, and plan. This helps medical professionals document what they see and also what they plan to do to help a patient. The levels of Eventing are: Beginner Novice Horse, Beginner Novice Rider, Training Novice Horse, Training Novice Rider, Novice, Training, Preliminary ( or Prelim, as it is sometimes called) Intermediate, and Advanced. I am not sure what a pimple jump is, but my guess would be that it is on the small side, and may in fact be the name given to a particular kind of corner or table jump. Spurs are required at anything above the 3 star level. Hunter classes vary in part with the size of the show and where it's located. I don't event- I don't even jump anymore !! ( I used to, until I had a bad fall in college and lost my nerve over fences. I am a dressage enthusiast now, but I still follow eventing as a spectator sport.) I occaisionally use spurs when a horse is lazy or has a tendency to get behind the leg. My mare can be on the lazy side, so yes, I have used spurs with her once in a while. I have already told you what I do- dressage !! A baby horse of either gender is a foal, and I own an Appendix QH mare, which is what you are describing in question 8.
I consider myself very knowledgeable about horses, but I don't know much about English riding and these disciplines. How about a western-based quiz, or a general equine knowledge quiz?
I'll try this but I am guessing on some!!

1)After you are done with cross-country (in eventing), they SOAP the horses. What does this mean?
Bathe?

2)What are all the levels of eventing starting at Beginner Novice?
Not a clue
3)What is a pimple jump?
A small one?
4)In dressage for eventing, what CCI and CIC levels are you required to have spurs?
??
5)In the hunter ring, how many classes are there per division?
Three
6)What is the highest level of eventing you can do?
?
7)(POLL)Do you use spurs, and if you do, do you really need them?
Only when I have a lazy horse, and then I ue them gently
8)Do you anything in this quiz, if not please answer with the discipline you do.
No, I don't - I ride Western, trail riding
EXTRA (a chance to help yourself!)
What is a baby horse called?
FOAL
What do you call a horse that is a quarter horse/ thourobred cross? Appendix - registered with the AQHA but with special papers indicating the horse is half TB
2. So you don't have to show against the "professional' amateurs and professionals.
5. As many as they can come up with.
7. Yes - and if you rode my horse you would understand. No spurs = no motion.
8. Just use the spurs for cuing my horse. Normally I do Judged Trail Riding . . . No fancy clothes needed - no fancy horse needed - no fancy saddle needed + tons of fun!
Foal
Appendix Registered QH - if registered.
1) what you said
2)beginner jump, intermediate, advanced(i guessed)
3)a jump that consists of poles and there are several jumps in a row
4)3 stars
5)4
6)four stars
7)no i don't and i don't think they are necessary unless you are showing or your horse is being disobedient
8)i don't no much about eventing and showing but I've been riding English for three years so i know the basics and then some
extra**-foal
-quarter bred (??)
1a) I have no idea. Maybe sponging down a horse with water?
2a) Preliminary, Intermediate, and Advance
3a) A corner or a narrow fence.
4CCI 1 and CIC 1 %26 2. Dunno, I found the rules a bit confusing on horsesports.org.
5a) Pre-Green Working Hunter, Green Working Hunter, Regular Working Hunter, Green and Regular Conformation Hunter, Amateur-Owner Working Hunter, Adult Amateur Working Hunter, Children鈥檚 Working Hunter, Junior Working Hunter, small Junior Working Hunter, large Junior Working Hunter, Pony Hunter. Green Pony Hunter. (12)
6a) I've never competed in eventing. So I wouldn't know.
7)Nope!
8) I compete in Endurance. But have ridden dressage and did a hunters class once. ;)
EXTRA (a chance to help yourself!)
What is a baby horse called?
a.) foal (that's really TOO eazy ya know.)
What do you call a horse that is a quarter horse/ thourobred cross?
a.) An Appendix
2. Beginner Novice, Novice, Training, Preliminary, Intermediate, Advanced (in United states)
Introductory, Pre-Novice, Novice, Intermediate Novice, Intermediate, Advanced Intermediate, Advanced. (In UK)
3. A round jump
4. CCI** CCI*** CCI**** CIC** CIC*** CIC****
5. 3
6. CCI****/CIC****
7. No and I never will.
8. Hacking!
Extra
1. Foal
2. Appendix

No comments:

Post a Comment