Sunday, August 2, 2009

I can't choose a barn to ride at!(read all details)?

I have 2 prospect barn/stables that i might be able to ride at.
i'm a VERY experienced rider and my neigbor(adult) has 3 horses at one of them and my close friend rides at the other.
My mom will let me ride at either, whichever is cheaper.
If i ride at the one with my neighbor's horses, then my mom wants me to ride one of my neighbor's horses(all are paint horses) that i've ridden many times before instead of the schooling horses they have(Paso Finos).
Or should i go to the place where my friend rides and have new experience riding different horses to get used to different sizes and techinques and ride in the same group as my friend?
i can't decide which would be better.
I'm thinking the 2nd one because its on thursdays and i might not have a ride for the 1st one on saturdays and mondays.
which should i go to?!
Answers:
Is the second barn a place to take actual lessons?
I think that at the second barn it might give you more of an oppertunity to learn and show your talent by getting involved in some shows. Plus you would be with your friend and on different horses-- which seems like it would create a fun and new experience every day. You could go on trail rides and critique each other- plus expand your horizon with some new horses. Riding the same old horses doesn't exactly help a rider improve-- it's learning to ride all different ones that makes a rider better.
I would go to the 2nd one. Like you said, they have many different horses and techinques. Try learning something new, something you have never done before. Plus you have a friend there to help you. =]]
Are you riding for fun or to learn and better your riding? Where will you be able to ride more often?
Riding with friends is always fun but can be distracting. Riding the same horse all the time gives yo a chance to better your riding style. But riding different horses gives you a lot of experience. Do you plan to show? Can these paints do the classes you want to show in? Will you be able to use them to show will the other barn have a horse that you could use for shows? There are still a lot of unanswered questions before you decide which barn to gallop through
go with the second. Riding many different horses makes you a better rider.
i would do the 2nd because from what youve said, i think it has more to offer and youll have a better experience there

No comments:

Post a Comment