Sunday, August 2, 2009

I am in search of a barrel racing saddle.?

...and I live in Maine so I don't know all the choices that there are. I am looking for a 14in, inexpensive, light weight round skirt. I am willing to look at used or new! If you have a good site to send me too, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Answers:
Hey! I got you on this one! Go to:
http://www.barrelhorseworld.com... or here's the direct link,
http://www.barrelhorseworld.com/tackstor...
There are tons of 14 inch seats, I have one now if you are interested, it is a 14in. Round Skirt Lamb saddle it's in good condition. The tree is good, and it is ready to be ridden in. I just have too many saddles. I bought it on Barrel Horse World for a cousin of mine that wanted to start learning barrels but she never used it she used mine instead. Its just sitting in my tack room.. I paid $375.00 but would consider any offers.
You can see it at:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z44/t...
Oh! I forgot to add.. I have a Billy Cook, but I am not sure what model it is. Its a trophy saddle so I never found out the exact model. Before that I had the Charmayne James Scamper, and that saddle was something else! Don't get it! I heard from some of the girls that I run with that it has been known to put pressure on the kidneys. I stopped using mine because it made my main and my backup both sore. I know they came out with a new better version of the saddle this year, but I don't know if its worth it. The other saddle I use is a Sharon Camarillo performance. It works great and it really fits most of my horses. My mom uses a custom National Ropers Supply barrel racer and it fits her horses great, but I know you are looking for used. As far as the Pozzi's go, I don't know anything about them, but a friend of mine runs in a flashy green one and I can ask her about it if your interested.
Let me know! Its always cool to run into other barrel racers on here! Best of luck and Cheers!
I typically use ebay to find used saddles. If there is something you find but you are not sure of the quality or the maker, I can help you on that. just whip me the link if you want.
Becareful of a used saddle because the tree may be broken, and you wont find out until it is too late. You can find lots of sites on the internet, with a very broad range of prices. Of course there is State Line Tack, cheaper though is Chicks Saddlery and also Country Supply. Maybe this will get you in the right direction. Good luck! Happy saddle shopping.
You can try tackoutlet.com. They have some scratch and dent items, but they also sell brand new saddles, bridles, etc. at wholesale prices.
Try tacktrader.com or equine.com and search products! they are very helpful. Please check things out though before you send mmoney to make sure that it's not a scam! I hope that this helped you.
you can try jefferseqyine.com they have everything that you need for your pets/animals!
i get everything that i need for my horses there. you can sigh up and get a free cataloge aswell.
i hope you find what you are looking for. i know how you feel i just got out of that state!!
I would choose Billy Cook Saddles because they make saddles for world champions and a saddle donator of the AQHA World Finals.
It keeps me balanced and upright like I am supposed to be. Also it had a bit of security going around those barrels and those tight turns. The horn is at a suitable hight for those big hand of men and excellent for women with any hand size. It comes in Youth to 20 inch. The saddle makes me sit deep and that is what I want in a saddle.
It also come wide or small for the horse to fit her body type and you can measure the horse and find the perfect saddle for your horse. Also there is extra padding under the skirt for your concern. Sure us western riders want our horses to be free from being sore and believe me no-one wants a horse with a sore back when barrel racing. So they make their saddles with persise knowledge to make your horse to feel the best.
I hate Circle Y saddles as they are horrible for balance and always make me sit awkward. DONT BUY THEM. Their leather is so crappy and stiff. I get rashes all the time using their saddles...Yuck.
For your question about the used saddles, I would go and find a good riding instructor or rider that you think that is the best in Maine and talk to the person and ask them important questions. I am sure they won't mind and will be happy to help you. Billy Cook saddlery has locations on their website to help you find a place to buy it or you can buy it online but You might not be confortable dealing online as people can hack in your computer but Its up to you.
Yeah I think that American Saddlery saddles are great and reliable. They are pretty cheap too. You can always e-mail them when ever.
Good Luck!
Go under ebay %26 on there search put what saddle your lookung for.They have many.
Billy Cook is the kind I have, but I don't know where to get them, they are really good though. They are for sale on horse.com and lots of other catalogs like that, but they are expensive. They have return policies though if you don't like it. Just make sure if you buy a cheap one that it is good quality and won't fall apart.

1 comment: