Friday, May 8, 2009

How much we ladies love our horses? Read this poem and find out!?

To cute not to share:
A Horse Husband's Lament.
My wife, she has a quarter horse, with flaxen mane and tail,
She thinks he is the finest thing that ever jogged a rail.
She calls him Dandy Darling, and if the truth I tell,
That fancy pampered quarter horse has made my life pure HELL!
My wife she used to cook for ME and serve it with champagne,
Now she'd rather feed that horse and fix his special grain.
She rides him every morning, and grooms him half the night,
The last time that she kissed ME it was just to be polite.
He dresses better than I do, with matching wraps and ties,
My wardrobe's so neglected now, that I attract the flies.
One day my wife was shopping, she was down at the mall,
And fancy pampered DANDY was just standing in his stall.
He looked so smug and sassy, that I began to grin,
I'd saddle that fat sucker, and take him for a spin.
I've wondered since, if cues I gave, he might have misconstrued,
For when I climbed aboard that horse, he rightly came UNGLUED.
He bucked and spun, and snorted fire, and threw me through a fence.
I saw big stars and there are 6 teeth that I ain't heard from since.
My wife came home and saw me, just a lying in the dirt,
She rushed up to her HORSE and asked him, "Sweetheart are you HURT?"
He'd scratched his nose a little bit, and the memory galls me yet,
She left me lying in the mud, and ran to call the VET!
Answers:
I love it! My husband agrees!! The only difference is I own a Morgan. FYI Morgan horses are the foundation of Quarter Horse! The Quarter Horse Joe Hancock was sired by Redolent a son of a Morgan Red Oak!!
that is a cute poem . . . very clever and catchy :) thanks for sharing!
lol...my husband will love that!
Cute poem. Just goes to show that we horse-loving women need to marry men who SHARE our passion for horses, otherwise, the marriage is in trouble!
Oh this is priceless!!
Haha I love it! Its so truuue too :P
My husband let me buy a horse when we forst got married. The first thing it did was bite him. Then they formed a guy bonding thing and he let me buy another horse. Who threw him every time. It went this way for a few years ... I traded up and up and got me a nice mare who likes him and he likes her after a long rodeo of rides, so the mare had some foals, who all made their dents and dings in his hide. He bought me a farm to keep 'em all on for as long as I want. And I've kept him, but he says that on the scale of my affections, he always comes last... after the critters, but to me, he is definitely the star, by far the best.
I read this. I know it's true. And yet I STILL hope to end up with a good horsewoman. Apparently male or female when they install a love of horses they remove all traces of sanity. :-)
Very good. I know there are many more than my other half that will agree with this one. Thanks for sharing!
I just read your poem. This is absolutely the very best poem I have ever read! AWESOME! You should be paid money to write like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment